Serves: 6-8 people
Total Time: 1 hour
Active Time: 15 minutes
This cake is a great way to sneak more vegetables into your child’s diet. Low in sugar, it’s still sweet enough to satisfy picky kids. The zucchini keeps it wonderfully moist.
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (100g) white sugar (or 1/3 cup honey)
- ½ cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated zucchini, with the skin
- 1 ½ cups (190g) flour, sifted
- half teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- half teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (135g) chocolate chips OR nuts
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F). Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, oil, and zucchini.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix. If you are using chocolate chips or nuts, add them now.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 45 minutes, until a fork poked into the middle comes out clean & dry. (Cover with tin foil halfway through if the top is beginning to brown.) Let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes, then cut into slices and enjoy!